A great way to use all that cabbage! It's light, flavorful, and so easy!
- 1 1/2 cups thinly sliced onions
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups thinly sliced cabbage
- 1 large bell pepper, any color, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped and undrained or about 4 medium sized ripe fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (16 ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- grated feta cheese
Add the cabbage and salt to taste; saute at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Add in the bell pepper, coriander, turmeric, cinnamon, and cayenne; stir and saute for 1 minute or so.
Add in the tomatoes, chick peas, and currants/raisins; stir to combine and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until vegetables are just tender.
Add lemon juice and salt to taste; stir.
Ladle hot soup into individual soup bowls; sprinkle feta cheese on top.